“ STYLE IS WHAT YOU ARE, WHAT YOU WANT TO EXPRESS. “
A quote that applies to everyone.
Dressing is one of the most important things. The same goes for your RESUME. Proper dressing of your resume is necessary to unlock the hidden potential of your very own RESUME. Your RESUME reflects who you are and what you can do, right?
So, let’s look at some of the useful tips to add elegance to your RESUME.
BRING OUT THOSE HYPERLINKS
Yup! You guessed it right, am talking about HYPERLINKS. See, it’s already 2020, and everything is getting advanced, so why don’t you also get advanced. Use some HYPERLINKS in your resume.
All the RESUMES will be going through machine scan, HYPERLINKS will give the machine the link to something else, link the HYPERLINK to your WEBSITE, or any sort of PROJECT or LINKEDIN profile, etc.
SWITCH TO ANOTHER FONT
We often feel pleased to see a change. Hence, dress up your resume for a good change, and a noticeable one. Therefore, changing the FONT of your RESUME, to something noticeable will be a pleasant change.
Stick to fonts that are professional and less casual or artsy.
The Advantages are :
- Quickly attract the attention of the Recruiter.
- It will give an attractive look to your RESUME.
- Make your RESUME stand out from others.
- Might please the Recruiter with the small change you have made, yet a noticeable change.
- Keep few points in mind, do not apply fonts that are not easily readable.
- DO NOT use more than two fonts in your RESUME.
- DO NOT change the font color to some fancy shades, keep if FORMAL.
- Use fonts according to the JOB you are applying for.
Make your RESUME skimmable by :
- Adding Separation Lines to separate different sections.
- Use Page Border.
- Use Bullets and Numbers for precision.
- Make it Short and Good-Looking RESUME.
- Also use short points and Orphan words instead of rail-track of words.
USE OF PROPER RESUME TEMPLATE
Templates add just the touch of standing-out sensation that one needs to make it to the next – level of selection. Use of the JOB – SPECIFIC TEMPLATE can change the whole scenario. It describes your knowledge regarding the post you are applying for. Making your RESUME stand out from others puts together your interesting, confidence, and risk-taking attitude in front of the recruiter.
GO FOR A VIDEO RESUME
A video resume will be much better than a traditional resume. This will give you a very large leap towards shortlisting than other applicants for selection for that job.
There are hundreds and thousands of RESUME (TRADITIONAL) being sent or submitted by applicants. Recruiters are tired of looking at those papers for hours and hours.
Imagine, the recruiter getting an email and on opening it they find out your VIDEO RESUME. It might give him/ her relief from the stress of reading through the TRADITIONAL RESUMES. Plus watching an interesting VIDEO RESUME is quite fun. Plus, you will gain an advantage over all those applicants who are submitting TRADITIONAL and LONG RESUMES.